Thursday, 10 May 2012


Dear Moderator,

Thank you for viewing all my work and progress throughout the project again. I have highlighted the improvements made to my blog, ancillary tasks and music video. To view all my improved work, I have created an 'improved' label which can be found on the right, in my cluster of labels. I hope you enjoy my new and improved work.   :)

Shreyaa Pattni

Improvements and feedback

Improvements in relation to my ancillary tasks:
One of the changes I made to my digipak was, the colour and font of the track list on my back panel. I felt this needed improving as it looked quite hard to read at a glance, therefore I decided to make the size of the list bigger so it was easier for my audience to see. I also changed the colour by making it slightly lighter, again so the audience would be able to read the track list with ease. I made the font size of the album name and artist bigger, to make it stand out on the front cover of my digipak.
Another change I made was to the inside panel of my digipak. The original was the collage of pictures of our artist from the shoot of the single 'Better Together'. I felt that this needed to be changed because it didn't look professional, and much of the artist was already revealed through the music video in the behind the scenes footage. Instead of the collage, I decided to have a picture of our featured couple, holding hands, however I only used their hands, this is because I wanted to emphasize the idea of relationships throughout this album. I edited the picture, by blurring the grass to put more focus on the hands, and also adding a slight sepia tone tint to the image to try and fit it in with the slightly orange/autumn colour of the digipak. 

Improvements in relation to my music video:
0:15-0:20: We swapped the previous behind the scenes clip for a different one, this was because we found the prior clip mislead people watching it, as they thought the lip sync was off because they saw the artist moving his lips. However it was not off sync, the clip showed the artist talking in one of our behind the scenes clip, but ot avoid this misconception we decided to change the clip altogether. 

0:42-0:45, 1:02-1:05, 2:08-2:10, 2:32-2:33: At all these points in our music video we included new footage of another couple who are in a loving relationship, instead of the original still images we had. We did this because we felt that with the nature of the song being about relationships, automatically you (the audience) would think about couples and different relationships. 

1:02-1:05: We used this clip to replace the original freeze frame of our behind the scenes clip, because what we tried to achieve with the still image changing into a moving image did not work therefore we chose to replace it with our loving couple. 

1:34-1:38, 1:47-1:51: These shots show the relationship between siblings, we felt we should include different relationships so that a wider audience could relate to the song when watching the video, these were also used instead of the still images in the original cut. The reason we chose to jump cut these shots was because we wanted to editing to flow, as there are also a few jump cuts of our artist at 2:23-2:27.

Feedback of music video:
Most of the feedback we gathered from our peers, was focused on the new footage we included. They enjoyed watching the two different types of relationships, and linking it to the song. Many people emphasised the fact that the new footage was better compared to the still images used in our previous version of 'Better Together'. They also told us that the way we edited the footage between the two siblings was effective with the beat of the song, and also kept the mood of the video uplifting and allowed them to laugh and smile at the loving moments of the other couple. Overall, the continuity of the narrative of the song was better established in this version compared to the other version, as our peers felt they could relate to the meaning of the song better with the new cut.

Final Cut Of our Music Video

Ancillary Tasks